Thursday, January 23, 2014

Faith


Faith, believe, or something you hold on to. It's not a small matter, it's a huge thing to a person, either society. Some people may don't take it seriously, and the other some, it's what life all about.

Faith, confidence or trust in a person, thing, deity, or in the doctrines or teachings of a religion or view. The word faith is often used as a synonym for hope, trust or belief, according to wiki. Is it? Is that definition acceptable? Can it be defined more? Or is it more than enough? Well, I can't actually answer all that questions, I just don't know the answer, because that's what makes me wonder all these time.

I tried to find what faith is to a person, to my life specifically. I searched, I asked, absolutely not a person but many. Not even one answer can satisfy me. For each of the answer I got, there are always holes, incompleteness that make all those answers hanging. And for every hanging answer, leave another questions, another curiosity, hoping that the answer of that questions can fulfill the requirement of the main question, 'what is faith about?'. Too bad it's not.

Then there was one day I heard about rhetorical question. Is 'what is faith about' one of the rhetorical questions? But if it is really a rhetorical question, how did the scholars define faith? Are they truly define faith? Or is it only an assumption? Again I just don't know.

Faith is not believing that God can, but knowing that He will, they said.



"لأَنَّنَا بِالإِيمَانِ نَسْلُكُ لاَ بِالْعَيَانِ"
 - 2 Corinthians 5:7