Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mentality...

"Owh, mentaliti orang sekarang" 
"Kolotnya (Mentaliti)" 
"Macam tu la kalau mentaliti dah tercemar" 
"Mentaliti anak muda, biasalah tu"

Ni adalah antara koleksi bait-bait dialog yang (mungkin) biasa menjadi hidangan halwa telinga kita bila berbicara tentang mentaliti. So, what mentality is actually about? What do you understand about mentality? Then how it can affect our life, personally and professionally? 

Source - IFITWEREMYHOME.com
Kenapa tiba-tiba terdetik nak menulis tentang mentaliti? The story started few years ago, I keep moving from one district to another, state to state (but still in Malaysia). Malaysia is not a big country as big as USA (but still a big one).

Since I've been moved around the country, I saw lots of different type of people, different culture, appearance and for sure without same mentality. To be honest, it is hard to get myself into the local community. What sad me the most when people talking about my origin with no knowledge (Normally, I call it as 'The clever stupidity'). While few of them 'kutuk-ing' (talking bad about) me in front just to get me angry. Yup, that's is how their mentality work, I think.



Few 'darn' sentences that I heard from them about myself.
(which mirroring my perception about them)

"Pathetic Sabahan" 
"Jungleboy" 

Well, who is actually care? ...L LOSER. Small mentality, small brain, (personally) they are just  uncivilizing  the civilization. 

However, it is just happened on the early of my existence there. Time flies, mestilah aku dapat sesuaikan diri at the end, kan? Finishing my secondary school at two modern states, Selangor and Kuala Lumpur, my own mentality changed. Now I see the world from a new different eyes. Learned to be a city boy, my life style also changed. But finally, I'd continue my study in my origin.

"Home sweet home" what a better words can replace it? Entering a college in Labuan, the baby state (Federal Territory actually) of the country. Labuan's mentality is more influenced by the Borneo states (Sabah and Sarawak). 

The moment I tell my friend that I actually was schooling at Kuala Lumpur, capital of Malaysia, they look at me like I'm a murderer. As my roommate, anytime when we have an argue on something, he'll blame my mentality at first.
"Inilah consequence mentaliti budak bandar"
I really hate that, people always blame it (mentality) when there is a misunderstanding. Come on, just because I were schooling at the capital city of the country, the way I think also as the way as them. No! people. 

So now, I've finished my college. Waiting for the call from the university for the next intake, I hope I can prepared myself well to face another different mentality of people. 

Be reminded, in my dictionary of life, 
mentality is only the way people think of you, 
or what people think about you. 

But, 
what people think about you is not define who you are, 
it define who they are.

Mentality = Mindset ~Wikipedia

..\/, PEACE