Monday, July 22, 2013

What I Need In Life

Do you know what you really need in life? Some may say, love. Good person will suggest practice good deeds. Bad person will say, do whatever you want to do, without hesitation. Some may say, interaction. Or maybe harmonisation. 

For me, the most needed thing in life is responsibility. I do try being responsible all the time, mostly. It's the best thing that can take care of your, either physical or spiritual or both, relationship. But, my life still horrible after all.

I'm often having warm sweet green tea with couple slices of cakes or cookies during tea time. Since it is Ramadan (a fasting month for all Muslims) I decided to just sit down at my room veranda, looking for the answer, and the sources of problems I faced late few months.

"Consistency!” yes, that it is. That what I don't have all these times. I missed this one quality at almost of my works. Thinking of responsibility as the most important thing in a person life. The importance of consistency shouldn't be ignored.

I still remember few months ago, the weeks I struggled with my projects and examination papers, if you read my note on that ("Why I don't blog"), you'll know how terrified my life was.

At that time, I talk about responsibility all the time. As a group leader of this project, that assignment, this blablabla, I should done all those things at its best, or at least at the best my group could do. It's really not a good statement. I swear if I talk to my dad using the word 'could' itself, I'll be ask to correct it. I think of it all the time. I want to solve my problems before entering the new semester on this upcoming September. I look for some tips and advices all over the webs. Then, I end up with few articles on 'Time Management'.

 The achievement of a level of performance that does not vary greatly in quality over time.


Consistency, conformity in the application of something, typically that which is necessary for the sake of logic, accuracy, or fairness. I'm absolutely lacking on that one value. I'm not consistent doing my works, my assignment, my projects, my reports, the programs I joined, and on most thing in my life. 

I were holding on this one negative value that I believe it works all the time, last minute preparation. I have three big projects to be settled in two months period of time. And I finish it in two weeks on the last week of that duration. On the other words, it's over the due date. What did I really do on the early of that period? I don't really remember actually. Sleeping, playing games, tweeting, I don't know, I lost my memory because of the pressure during finishing all those stuff.

Lack of consistency. Very well example, I shouldn't let it happen again. Thinking of my terrible life, why does it's only happened to me? Why not to everyone else as my assignment or projects are the same as them as well. I should notice that thing earlier. Well whatever happened to me could happen to you at any time, isn't it? So please take my story as an advance self-reminder to you.

“The most beloved of deeds to Allah are the  most consistent of them, even if they  are few”
(Al-Bukhari no. 6464 and Muslim no. 2818).